The Hundred of Hoo Academy processes all Free School Meals Applications. If you have previously qualified for Free School Meals you will need to reapply for your child/children to continue receiving them from September 2018.
Even if you are unsure whether or not you qualify for Free School Meals, please complete the form – it only takes 2 minutes!
Please note that the information that you submit is completely confidential.
Your child might be eligible if you receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
All Hundred of Hoo Academy meals meet the government’s food standards, which mean they are healthy and nutritious, and additionally are very tasty! Please ask at the Canteen for a menu if you would like to see what’s on offer, and parents are welcome to come and have a school meal with their child any time.