At The Hundred of Hoo Academy, we will combine good manners and etiquette with 21st Century innovation and creativity to ensure our pupils are more than just educated, they become globally minded citizens who will be empowered to change their own lives and the lives of those around them.
This will be achieved by:
- Providing an IB influenced learning curriculum that creates; Inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people that act with integrity, and contribute to the local community. They will also help to create a better, more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect, recognising that other people with their differences can also be right.
- Having staff that aspire to the highest standards, who model and encourage a love of learning within a nurturing environment that supports students to achieve their greatest academic potential and excel in all they do.
- Fostering a partnership with parents and carers so that they share the same high aspirations for their child, feel welcomed and valued by the school community, and are able to provide support in their child’s learning and development
We believe that
- All children are entitled to access a world class education
- Everyone, regardless of background or starting point, can achieve the highest academic standards
- Children should be equipped with values, attitudes and attributes that will serve them well to be lifelong learners.
- All members of staff deserve great challenge and support on their journey to becoming masters of their craft.
We believe that children and adults flourish when they learn and work as members of a supportive, cohesive community built on high expectations, rigour, mutual respect and pride in their own and each other’s achievements.
We are a disciplined Academy, where pupils thrive in a culture defined by mutual respect and impeccable behaviour. We unashamedly focus on academic excellence and focus on every child achieving highly in subjects that will serve them well beyond school and into the next stage of their education and into their careers.
All learning experiences offer the opportunity for children to apply their understanding in a global context developing their notion of international mindedness and therefore becoming principled global citizens.
We have an uncompromising culture of no excuses, and we insist on high standards for staff and pupils. We mean this, we follow it and we refer to it every day because we believe in it. Every pupil matters, every pupil can achieve, every lesson counts.
“Our values decide our character; our character decides our value.” – James Kerr
The ethos created within our community are based on the values we promote
to the very highest standards
to the best of our ability
in all that we do