At The Hundred of Hoo Academy, we combine good manners and etiquette with 21st Century innovation and creativity to support our vision of creating a community that; aspire to the very highest standards, achieve to the best of their ability and excel in all that they do.
This will be achieved by:
- Providing an IB influenced learning curriculum that creates; Inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people that act with integrity, and contribute to the local community. They will also help to create a better more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect, recognising that other people with their differences can also be right.
- Having staff that aspire to the highest standards, who model and encourage a love of learning within a nurturing environment that supports students to achieve their greatest academic potential and excel in all they do.
- Fostering a partnership with parents and carers so that they share the same high aspirations for their child, feel welcomed and valued by the school community, and are able to provide support in their child’s learning and development.
“Our values decide our character; our character decides our value.” – James Kerr
Our Values are:
- ASPIRE – to the very highest standards
- ACHIEVE – to the best of our ability
- EXCEL – in all that we do
“Set High Standards, remain true to your values, listen to your conscience and do yourself proud.” – Frank Sonnenberg
The Hundred of Hoo Academy has at its core the pursuit of the highest standards possible in education. We are unashamedly uncompromising, in our promotion of excellence for all, respect, politeness and determination.
Hence, we are a well disciplined Academy, where pupils thrive in a culture defined by mutual respect and good behaviour. Our non-negotiable expectations are that our students:
- Wear the correct uniform and are fully equipped for learning (Pens, pencil, ruler, calculator etc.).
- Have excellent attendance and are punctual, arriving by 8:25am at the latest.
- Communicate respectfully and act with integrity.
- Value education and aspire to the highest standards.
- Take pride in their work so that they achieve to the best of their ability
- Are committed learners who will excel in all that they do.