Free School Meals

Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. We recognise that over the last few weeks financial circumstances may have changed for some of our families and we want to ensure that you have the support you need at this time. Currently pupils who are entitled to Free School Meals receive a weekly £15 food voucher. The Hundred of Hoo Academy processes Free School Meals applications.

The link for Free School Meals can be located under ‘Our Academy, Free School Meals’. Please select: new application and work through the form. If your application is successful you will see a green band across the top of your application along with a reference number. This will automatically be sent to the Academy. If you are unsuccessful you will see a red band informing you that you are not eligible. Please click save and contact the Academy if you believe this is incorrect and that you may be eligible – please email:

What is the eligibility criteria?

Children are entitled to receive free school meals if they or their parents or carers receive any of the benefits below.

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)

Before you apply you will need to have the following information to hand:

  • Your own name and date of birth
  • Contact details
  • National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
  • Child’s name and date of birth
  • School your child is attending/will attend.

Where can I get more information?

If you need any further information, please contact the academy or the local authority.

Yours sincerely
Mrs Smith | Vice Principal